Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fall in Natchez

Fall in Natchez for retirees and non retirees means Fall Pilgrimage, Phatwater Kayak Challenge, The Great Mississippi River Balloon Race, Angels on the Bluff, Mississippi Valley Black and Blue Civil War Living History, Art on the Bluff, Wirt Adams Raid into Natchez Reenactment, Auburn Annual Christmas Open House, Ghost Tales around the Campfire, Natchez Antiques Forum (this year's theme: Antiques and War Times:The Spirit of 1812), and the beginning of Christmas in Natchez. Every quarter there are many things to do in Natchez and for a retiree many volunteer opportunities, if you wish

The nice aspect about  being retired is that we now have time to do things that we didn't have time to do when we were working.  I ask myself many times throughout the year "how did I ever have time to work", but then I was so busy with my work that I couldn't find the time to volunteer. I am sure that is the way many of us were.

So if you are retired or thinking about retiring come on down and see what we are all about. I promise, you will not need a snow shovel, which is one of the reasons we moved from PA to Natchez. Ya'll come on down!

No comments:

Post a Comment